Saturday, January 25, 2014

caught by surprise

 We've lived in Davao since July of 2009, long enough to know this place pretty well.
How is it then that every time I leave our home,
I see new things that surprise me?

Enjoy a few glimpses of surprising elements of life in this country.
I only wish I was quick enough to catch the most amazing ones on camera...
a little boy watches traffic at a busy intersection
Recycling old TVs...it's an uphill job
Jacob had a pillow of stone; this guy's whole bed is just as soft
Somehow I think these guys have what they'd need to fix any radiator in town
Davao River at its best...the clouds were breathtaking!
Yes, the new city speed limits are pretty low...
Furniture Row.  This street is lined with furniture makers with their wares displayed for sale in the road
Make you feel like yodeling?
That's a mighty small lodge...
A shopper (in orange shirt) karaokes in the mall
Bags of ice water on a hot day
Who needs a mini-van?
Umm...are those what I think they are?

In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
Leo Tolstoy

Have you seen anything that surprised you today??


This is post #600!  Thanks to all of you who stop by and visit us here!

1 comment:

Judy said...

The karaoke in the mall made me laugh!! Your shopping experiences must be very interesting!