Thursday, July 29, 2010

extended kin


A friend shared this photo with us of Michael in his Sunday School class last month.
We thought you might enjoy it, too.


His teacher, Atay Cathy, is very sweet and thoughtful. The class has warmly welcomed Michael, though there's still a little shyness on both sides.

***********************************
I remember years ago, when one of my sisters heard that we were moving to Texas, away from our extended family, she responded, "Houston?!? You know we have family there!" I was puzzled until I realized that she meant 'family of God.'

Well, we have 'family' here, too! And we're enjoying getting to know them better, to learn from them and to be encouraged by their faith.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
from Whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name."
Ephesians 3:14&15




3 comments:

The Church Cook said...

We love and miss you, Michael!

Carl G. said...

Adam and Eve sure gave us a lot of cousins!

us5 said...

...and the cross gave us a lot of siblings!