Monday, October 11, 2010

smiles of samal


The people of Samal Island were friendly and a little shy of us.

This vendor sold us a 10 peso bag of peanuts at the ferry launch.


The children were shy when they saw us coming, but smiling and waving as we went!

This scene is oh, so typical; A group of guys just hangin' out, enjoying being together.

I wish we could have pumped this boy's front tire just a little...

This lady was lovely.
She tried to talk with us, but our Visayan was so halting, she smiled and moved on.

Washing in the river.

'Lami kaayo!' I think she was worried I might try to take her ice cream after I said, 'very delicious!'.



We agreed that we were probably just as much a novelty to them as they were to us, since we didn't see too many other Western families exploring the island.


"Through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed Me."
Genesis 22:18


2 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing! I so enjoy ALL your posts--whether or not I comment on them! So nice to be experiencing what you are vicariously! Keep it up!!!

us5 said...

thank you, Judy! that's very encouraging!